We are at ImartOfficeConsultants currently building our own solutions, playing in the IOT and Marketing Intelligence Technologies and Business Intelligence. Our solutions are natively developed and we hate the siloed approach adopted by most organisations. Consequently there must be some form of sharing of information between the numerous applications, systems and services within the enterprise and data management of some sort. So we believe. We believe so strongly in this that we are innovating in this sphere. ImartOffice Consultants believes in maximizing impact and outcomes. We do the the physics of BI and MI.
Managers require analytical data to make mission-critical decisions and in our world applications need to communicate with each other in real time. Your wallet needs to communicate with a POS and with your bank, your meter needs to communicate wit the central system and with your phone in real time...need we say more? We like CLOUDERA because
Cloudera Enterprise, with Apache Hadoop at the core, is:
- Unified – one integrated system, bringing diverse users and application workloads to one pool of data on common infrastructure; no data movement required
- Secure – perimeter security, authentication, granular authorization, and data protection
- Governed – enterprise-grade data auditing, data lineage, and data discovery
- Managed – native high-availability, fault-tolerance and self-healing storage, automated backup and disaster recovery, and advanced system and data management
- Open – Apache-licensed open source to ensure your data and applications remain yours, and an open platform to connect with all of your existing investments in technology and skills(www.clouderacom/content/cloudera/en/products-and-services/cloudera-enterprise.html)
What is a Data Warehouse?
A data warehouse is a relational database that is designed for query and analysis rather than for transaction processing. It usually contains historical data derived from transaction data, but it can include data from other sources. It separates analysis workload from transaction workload and enables an organization to consolidate data from several sources.In addition to a relational database, a data warehouse environment includes an extraction, transportation, transformation, and loading (ETL) solution, an online analytical processing (OLAP) engine, client analysis tools, and other applications that manage the process of gathering data and delivering it to business users.
The Data Warehouse does not contain all the data in the organization. Its purpose is to provide key business metrics that are needed by the organization for strategic and tactical decision making. And we like to measure things.....